JadeRune.net XMPP Guide
🇬🇧 English | 🇩🇪 Deutsch
XMPP is the primary way we communicate. It offers 1-on-1 and group chat capabilities as well as voice and video calling. Some recommended clients to use are:
- Gajim on Linux, BSDs, Windows, or MacOS
- Dino on Linux and BSDs (and MacOS if you're not afraid to compile it from source)
- Conversations on Android
- Monal on iOS and MacOS
- BeagleIM on MacOS
- Snikket on iOS
- Profanity on any *nix system (terminal-based)
Here is how to get connected with one of the more popular clients, Gajim:
- Download and install Gajim from the Gajim website or by using your operating system's package manager;
- Make sure you install the OMEMO plugin as well if you want to use end-to-end encrypted messaging (usually this is as easy as installing a package like 'gajim-plugin-omemo' and restarting Gajim);
- Log in using your handle (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and password;
- Explore the interface and get chatting!
Don't forget you can ask for help in our General chatroom at any time. Happy chatting!